Job Responsibilities: Clinical Research Student
Salary: 65000 Per Year
Company: University Health Network
Location: Toronto, ON CA
Job Posting #898370
Position: Research Student
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Drug Development Program
Reports to: Clinical Research Manager Phase I
Hours: 10-20 hours/week; at least 3-hour shifts
Status: Temporary Part-time / Casual
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Research Student in our Drug Development Program.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care discovery and learning.
The University Health Network where “above all else, the needs of patients come first” encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute Toronto General Hospital Toronto Western Hospital Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research the complexity of the cases treated and the magnitude of its educational enterprise have made UHN a national and international resource for patient care research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care discovery and learning” the University Health Network (UHN) Canada’s largest research teaching hospital brings together over 16000 employees more than 1200 physicians 8000+ students and many volunteers. UHN is a caring creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery education and patient care. Research across UHN’s five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines including cancer cardiovascular sciences transplantation neural and sensory sciences musculoskeletal health rehabilitation sciences and community and population health. Find out about our purpose values and principles here.
The Drug Development Program at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is the largest new drug development program in Canada and the only center outside of the United States to have a contract with the National Institutes of Health (NIH). It is an exciting initiative focusing on phase I and II studies of innovative drugs with a strong emphasis on pharmacokinetics and correlative studies. It involves a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach and is strategically designed to ensure the rapid completion of high-quality studies..
- Current 2nd year or over student majoring in a science-related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (especially phone and email)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to complete new tasks and pick up new skills easily
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Attention to detail in work
- General computer savvy (Knowledge of common shortcuts entering web-based forms efficiently)
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel (formula formatting sorting etc.)
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word (formatting find and replace template design etc.)
- Knowledge of general office practices procedures and standards
- Understanding of some medical terminology
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance with UHN standards
POSTED DATE: May 5 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility diversity and equal opportunity and welcome all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities LGBTQ2s+ BIPOC persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.