Job Responsibilities: Field Technician – Canada
Salary: 25 Per Hour
Location: Edmonton, AB CA
Educational requirements: High School
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues is the leading global provider of efficient innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used managed conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity where everyone feels involved respected valued and connected and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater we want to hear from you! For more information please visit us at www.xylem.com.
PureHM a Xylem brand provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using the best-in-class technologies we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs and prolong asset life. Ultimately we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Field Technician within our Tracking Division. The successful candidate will perform duties associated with launching field tracking and receiving of pipeline cleaning and inspection tools. This position offers the potential for career advancement and varied pipeline integrity experience working for a growing company in both Canada and the United States. Applicants with no direct experience will be considered for entry-level technician roles.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Field track cleaning and inspection tool locations and movements as they travel through client pipelines using a variety of tracking methods.
- Communicate tracking progress and tool location to client personnel and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize GPS navigation to locate and deploy tracking equipment at Above Ground Reference locations.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures required for the safe and effective tracking of inline tools.
- Participate in field-level safety activities including FLRA’s toolbox talks and shift closeouts.
- Complete daily time tickets to support customer billing processes.
- Transfer collected field data to head office for client report generation.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Education Experience Skills Abilities License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Related post-secondary would be an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean abstract
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Applications (Word Excel Outlook) and PC Skills
- Surveying and/or GPS experience is an asset
- Strong math skills
- ATV snowmobile and argo experience an asset
- First Aid H2S and WHIMIS is an asset
- Must be willing to sit in a vehicle for long periods while monitoring tool movement.
- The position requires visual acuity to regularly view a computer monitor spreadsheets documents and reports for extended periods of time.
- Work in outside weather conditions and be exposed to varying weather conditions.
- May be required to safely operate ATV’s snowmobiles and Argos to access remote locations.
- Regularly required to sit stand or walk; talk or hear both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers to handle standard office equipment; lift carries and set equipment.
- Frequent travel required for projects may be required to work up to 12 hours per shift on either days or nights depending on the project requirements.
- Travel: 75
Click Here : Apply Now