Job Responsibilities: Health Records Tech Coder
Salary: 51000 Per Year
Company: Grand River Hospital
Location: Remote CA
Educational requirements: Graduate
Union: UNIFOR Clerical
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Shift: UNIFOR PT – 7.5-hour shifts – Rotating Shift work is expected
Responsible for coding and abstracting inpatient (Acute Mental Health Rehab and CCC) Day Surgery Emergency and Outpatient records as required. Supports the efficient operation of the Health Data Quality Department ensuring that all legal accreditation and hospital requirements are met.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to establish a positive communication framework with the clinical staff for real-time on-unit coding as well as a key point of contact affiliate for the Clinical Documentation Improvement Committee. Flexibility is required to work in various settings including on the unit in the department and at home. Shift work will be required in order to ensure communication with all providers and clinical staff within the circle of care is established. The outcome expectation is to ensure documentation requirements for coding are achieved for the best data quality. This is in accordance with the new Health System Funding Reform. Recognition and adherence to the respectful workplace policy are imperative. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients staff and visitors.
- Graduate of an approved HIM Program
- An active member in good standing with the CHIMA
- Proficient in the use of the ICD10 coding system and ICDO 3rd edition morphology coding methodology
- Proficient in the use of Med2020 abstracting and reporting system
- Ability to participate in constructive feedback with peers regarding coding integrity and data quality. This may include internal and peer coding audits.
- Ability to meet and exceed expected productivity quotas. Minimum standards are 90 for ER 18 for IP and 60 for DS and other coding mandates as required.
- Availability for shift work when required
- Identification of deficiencies and reconciliation may be required.
- Flexibility in thinking and openness to change is an assets.
- Familiar with MOHLTC funding and MIS reporting methodologies
- Medical Terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and physicians
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Good Attendance Record
- Working from home is required.
- Other duties as assigned
Click Here : Apply Now