Job Responsibilities : Medical Secretary
Salary : $30,260 – $36,432 a year
Company: Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Location: Toronto, ON CA
1 Part-time Maternity Leave Contract Position 0.8 FTE (28 hrs/week) Bargaining Unit – UFCW Local 175
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) is a dynamic community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services including primary health care dental care harm reduction health promotion counseling and community development programming we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care and we strive to reduce these barriers.
The Medical Secretary provides initial and ongoing personal and telephone contact to the Clinics’ clients visitors and staff. Working with other Medical Secretaries to ensure the smooth operation of the reception area the position performs secretarial and administrative duties and assists, other staff, in their administrative and professional duties as required. The majority of work will be based at the Queen West site and the position may be expected to work across sites.
Administrative Supervisor Clinical and Allied Health Services
- Contributes to a welcoming environment through sensitive interactions with clients maintenance of safety and respect for all in the waiting area.
- Ascertains client’s needs and provides appropriate referrals and information as required.
- Establishes rapport with clients to build trust and promote effective service use.
- Coordinates client services with other providers by making appointments with specialists and other agencies and informing clients of appropriate schedules.
- Prepares maintains updates retrieves tracks and files charts manually and electronically.
- Produces referrals and correspondence as directed by the clinical staff.
- Maintains appointment scheduling template and an up-to-date resource and referral directory.
- Revises providers’ schedules.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for the document management and distribution systems and maintaining inventory of necessary forms and office supplies. Responsible for telephones including retrieving messages from the answering service.
- Assists in programs as required for example harm-reduction resource distribution.
- Secondary school diploma
- Medical secretary certificate or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Two to five years of office experience in a health setting.
- Knowledge of the PS suite of EMR would be an asset.
- Proficiency in typing and using a computer and various software applications e.g. word database and spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in language (s) other than English is considered an asset.
- Established administrative and organizational skills gained through several years of office experience.
- Previous experience in community health/social services preferred.
Compensation: $30260 to $36432 per annum (this salary range has been pro-rated to a 0.8 FTE)