Job Responsibilities: Systems Analyst Level 1
Salary : $4,323 – $6,483 a month
Company: Government of Alberta
Location: Edmonton, AB CA
Job Requisition ID: 20871
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor General
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: Temporary (1 Year)
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: May 16, 2022
Classification: Opted Out & Excluded Systems Analyst Level 1
The Ministry of Alberta Justice and Solicitor General helps ensure that all Albertans can live in safe and resilient communities while having access to a fair and innovative justice system. Working alongside its partners in law enforcement family justice health the judiciary criminal justice system and other stakeholders the ministry has a direct or shared responsibility in all elements of the justice system in Alberta. Follow the link to see what else we have to offer:
Court Technology Services provides and supports the technology tools to power the court and justice system throughout Alberta
Do you enjoy working with computers and tech? Do you like helping people use technology? Are you a natural problem-solver? If so we encourage you to read further and apply!
As a Systems Analyst and a member of the Court Technology Services (CTS) Desktop Support team, you will be primarily responsible for providing an enhanced level of desktop and user support for the Judiciary and their associated support staff for the geographic area that you would support. The primary focus of this position is to prevent issues with technology from interfering with the judicial process.
Some of the major responsibilities will include:
- Configuring installing and supporting desktop computers laptop computers mobile devices printers monitors and other peripherals.
- Diagnosing hardware and software failures and communicating the remediation plans to the end-user.
- Providing 2nd-level escalation support to the tier-1 help desk.
- Using an IT ticketing system for receiving and tracking trouble tickets. Ensuring that all tickets are resolved and updated in the system.
- Supporting desktop maintenance configuration software distribution and security maintenance.
- Tracking and recording the assignment of IT assets in an inventory database.
- Providing off-site home support when required.
- Participating in a periodic on-call rotation to support high-priority situations after hours.
As the successful candidate:
- You have the knowledge and demonstrated experience in the implementation configuration and maintenance of computers mobile devices and other technology systems.
- You are able to use this knowledge and your communication skills to effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide professional customer service tailored to the client’s level of understanding.
- You can effectively prioritize tasks and have a demonstrated ability to maintain composure and customer focus in high-pressure situations.
- You were able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion to keep information secure and preserve client trust.
- You have the ability to evolve in a rapidly-changing environment and anticipate and adapt to changes in technology.
- You are a team player and demonstrate a willingness to step in and help out wherever you can.
University graduation in computer science or a related field and no experience required. Or equivalent as described below:
Equivalency: A related two-year diploma in computer technology or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and two years related experience; or a related one-year certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution and three years related experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
Knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory
Experience working with or supporting executive-level or other VIP clients
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reaching our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
You take advantage of opportunities to change how work is done to better anticipate obstacles and improve service. You are able to anticipate assess and readily adapt to changing priorities while remaining calm and composed even in difficult or stressful situations. You remain optimistic and persevere in order to find solutions. You proactively seek advice and support when priorities change to appropriately assess prioritize and meet changing demands.
You proactively build networks connecting and building trust in relationships with a large and diverse stakeholder group.
BUILD COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS:
You lead and contribute to the conditions and environments that allow people to work positively collaboratively and productively to achieve excellence in investigations and just outcomes.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING:
You ask questions to get a deeper understanding of the needs to clients. You are able to assess challenging situations and provide appropriate options and solutions.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS:
You know what outcomes are important which leads you to provide outstanding customer service by anticipating potential challenges and finding practical solutions
Hours of Work:
7.25 hours / 36.25 hours a week.
Term of Employment:
These positions are temporary for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
Edmonton Provincial Law Courts Building (1a Sir Winston Churchill Square)
Successful candidates will be required to undergo security screening.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta at the same or lower classification level.
Here are some of the benefits the GoA has to offer prospective employees:
- Comprehensive benefits plan (refer to 1st Choice):
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- More information: Advantages of working for the Alberta Public Service
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicants.
Once you have created your candidate profile visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements including education experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
Click Here : Apply Now