Job Responsibilities: Specialist, Patient Care
Salary: 46000 Per Year
Company : Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Location : Mississauga, ON CA
1685 Tech Ave Mississauga Ontario L4W 0A7
Prenez les choses en main et trouvez d’autres façons d’aider nos propriétaires de magasins locaux en entamant une carrière au bureau central ou aux centres de services aux magasins de Shoppers Drug Mart. Offrez un excellent service un savoir-faire particulier et des conseils pratiques pour aider les pharmaciens-propriétaires affiliés et leur personnel à offrir aux Canadiens les meilleurs services dans le domaine de la santé de la beauté et de la commodité.
The Patient Care Specialist (PCS) is the single point of contact for patients enrolled in a patient support program. The PCS is responsible for ensuring program service offerings are managed and delivered effectively with the highest quality customer service. This colleague is action-oriented tactful and empathetic ensuring the patient has a positive experience working with Specialty Health Network through their treatment journey.
Nature and Scope
The Patient Care Specialist is the main point of contact for the patient and in some programs also the single point of contact for the group of physician clinics/offices within that territory. The Patient Care Specialist will work collaboratively with other Patient Care Specialists and a Case Manager/Field Case Manager for a designated territory dependent on the program. The superior end-to-end support provided by this team will enhance the patient and physician experience of the Support Program and drive positive patient outcomes. Attention to customer key performance indicators identified for the program is fundamental to this role.
What you will do:
- Single point of contact for patients enrolled in the support program and prescribing physician if applicable
- Conducts welcome calls to gather relevant information introduces patients to the support program and obtains patient consent as required.
- Informs the patient about all program offerings – for example case management support reimbursement support self-injection training prescription coordination and ongoing compliance
- Understands the molecule(s) in full detail
- Maintains an expert level of knowledge of reimbursement mechanisms in the public and private arenas specifically within assigned territory
- Acts as a patient advocate exploring all options for funding of medications determines coverage details and develops/maintains complete and accurate documentation required to facilitate a successful outcome of the reimbursement process
- Administers financial means tests and manages all aspects of financial assistance within the program as applicable
- Ensures coordination of program services to patients in an effective manner resulting in prompt and continued access to therapy; including self-injection training
- Works collaboratively with Program Management other Patient Care Specialists and Field Case Manager/Case Manager (program dependent) to address patients’ concerns or needs and escalations interrupting the patient journey
- Contact clients periodically to confirm adherence and coordinate delivery of medications (including date-time)
- Report all adverse events (AE) and Product Technical complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures
What you will need:
- College Diploma or University degree is required
- 2-3 years of experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry preferably working directly with patients and with other health professionals (i.e. physicians nurses pharmacists)
- Experience with the public (provincial and federal) and private third party drug reimbursement plans
- 2-3 years experience in a Customer Service or Call Centre setting
- Strong Computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office and experience using a customer relationship database is an asset
- Bilingualism (French & English) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a fast-paced team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills are written and verbal to interact effectively with patients and clients
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information data and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Flexible to work longer hours overtime as required
- Able to work flexible hours between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work co-workers customers and community.