Job Responsibilities: Camp Attendant, Remote Camp 1
Salary: $18 an hour
Company: Compass Group
Location: Red Lake, ON CA
You might not know our name but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global food service and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world with 625000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools colleges hospitals office buildings senior living communities tourist attractions sports venues remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities at remote worksites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place where thousands of people rely on your team to bring out the best in their day. Join us and know you can make it happen by creating a home away from home for our clients. You can make every day more enjoyable simply by serving a nutritious meal or ensuring a safe living environment or creating recreational programs for their downtime. No matter what role you play with us it will be an important one.
Why work with ESS Support Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada the leading food service and support services company. We work with clients in the oil and gas mining construction coastal logging military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico to coastal logging camps in B.C. to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands. Facilities are located within drill camps mining camps construction camps pipeline camps oil and gas installations and correctional facilities.
Start Date: 1/31/22
Schedule: 10 Hrs 20/10 Rotation
Location: Dubreuilville ON
Important Information: Remote Camp position
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining common areas and sleeping quarters in a camp setting.
- Vacuum dust all room furniture blinds including hallway window frame door frames fire extinguishers emergency lights picture frames.
- Wash scrub and sanitize showers sinks toilets door handles fridges sink knobs chair handles drawer surfaces blind wands shower heads shower ledges medicine cabinets closet handles TV remotes desk shelves bed light and switches.
- Keep laundry room clean and organized.
- Empty garbage and recycle daily and disinfect the containers.
- Keep an accurate record of all bedding allotted in camp and report any shortages to the Camp Manager and store all linen in a secure place.
- Assist with inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Ensure good order and maintenance of all equipment by immediately reporting any deficiencies to
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Camp Attendants? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- First Aid and WHMIS.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures chemicals products and equipment.
- Minimum of 3 months’ janitorial and/or housekeeping experience in hospitality healthcare and residential/commercial cleaning.
- Capable of communicating in English (listening speaking reading writing) with clients co-workers and management.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others.
- Be able to operate washers dryers vacuum machines floor polishers and another cleaning electronic and non-electronic equipment.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates without regard to race color citizenship religion sex marital / family status sexual orientation gender identity aboriginal status age disability or persons who may require an accommodation to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process please contact [email protected] for further information.