Job Responsibilities: Virtual IB Science Tutor – Revision Village
Salary: 41000 Per Year
Company: Crimson Education
Location: Remote CA
Educational requirements: High School
Revision Village is an online study resource for students following the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Starting in 2017 the product is now used by over 100000 students each year and is the leading resource in its space with a novel and innovative product design when compared to traditional online learning platforms. Growth in both users and revenue has doubled each year since its founding.
Revision Village was acquired in 2021 by Crimson Education with the ambition of expanding out of the International Baccalaureate market and into large secondary curriculums around the world. This is an exciting inflection point for the company opening up a large increase in potential addressable markets. Crimson Education is also expanding the Revision Village team across product content and marketing.
New Zealand-based Edutech company Crimson Education was founded in 2013 with the idea that through personalized education we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. Our tech platform connects tutors and mentors to high school students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities in the US Canada UK and beyond.
This is a contractor position based remotely. You can set your own hours but the right applicant will be able to work flexibly for around 20+ hours.
The contract will be valid through to either February or April 2022 depending on your preference.
The purpose of this role:
- Be a part of a large-scale content creation project and create a world-class set of resources that will be of great assistance and support to our students and tutors.
Information about the role:
- Record video tutorials to IB Science exam questions in the RV format.
- Remote work collaborating with team members via video/chat.
- 20+ hours per week depending on the preference of the preferred candidate. Flexible work hours.
What skills and experience are required?
- Native language is English – Spoken/Written
- Prior IB Science (Biology Chemistry or Physics) teaching tutoring or examining experience
- Hold a relevant academic tertiary qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Professionalism Time and Stress Management Confidence Positive attitude (patience empathy)
- Bonus if you have experience in video creation and filming
Why work for Revision Village & Crimson Education?
- Rapidly growing hyper-global EdTech startup (named GVT Top150 EdTech companies)
- Join a high performing diverse and ambitious team
- Utilizing innovative tech to reimagine the education landscape
- Limitless growth and development opportunities
If you’re passionate about education and people and looking for a fast-paced collaborative environment and want to work with cutting-edge technology then we’d love to hear from you!
Please keep an eye on your spam/junk email folder for correspondence from Breezy HR.