Job Responsibilities: Cashier, PT
Salary: $15.03 an hour
Company: Compass Group
Location: Etobicoke, ON CA
You might not know our name but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global food service and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world with 625000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools colleges hospitals office buildings senior living communities tourist attractions sports venues remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities at remote worksites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends families and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather we’re here to serve. Because of what we do people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse innovative dining services to corporate headquarters locations law firms manufacturing facilities distribution centers and call centers. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: 6 pm to 11 pm Monday-Friday or Weekend shifts
Location: 101 Humber college boulevard Etobicoke ON
Important Information: Weekday shift or various weekend shifts available
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for making cash transactions verifying cash drawers giving change counting cash receipts and completing cash reports.
As a Cashier you will:
- Perform sales transactions in a timely fashion
- Enter all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded
- Follow standard procedures for issuing cash refunds
- Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly service-oriented manner
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that the cash drawer follows overage/shortage standards
- Ensure compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures
- Ensure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements
- Make recommendations cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem solving
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal.)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates without regard to race color citizenship religion sex marital / family status sexual orientation gender identity aboriginal status age disability or persons who may require an accommodation to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process please contact [email protected] for further information.