Job Responsibilities : Senior Tax Staff – Private Client Services
Salary : $70000 Per Year
Company : EY
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Graduate
At EY you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are with the global scale support inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
In EY Tax you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas making this a true priority.
As a Senior Tax Staff you will be a part of our Private Client Services (PCS) practice. You will be part of a team that are subject matter specialists who provide advice to high net worth business owners and individuals on domestic and cross-border tax planning estate wealth transfer and post mortem planning asset protection strategies and philanthropic planning. Our PCS team works closely with our family office services practice acting as the tax advisor to family offices. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is a dynamic and entrepreneurially motivated individual who wishes to grow a long-term career in advising high net worth business owners and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Staff you’ll be responsible for recommending and implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s objectives corresponding with legal counsel and tax authorities on client issues assisting with reorganizations researching compliance and planning issues and reviewing personal corporate and trust tax returns.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identify planning opportunities and prepare correspondence describing the income tax implications of implementing transactions
- Research client issues that arise from planning or compliance work using a variety of on-line sources
- Liaise with the client’s legal counsel
- Review personal trust and corporate tax returns
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Correspond with audit managers staff and/or clients in answering clients’ specific personal trust or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
- Prepare tax election forms
- Assist and manage the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and / or other appropriate academic major
- 3 – 5 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- A Canadian CPA or CA designation or a reciprocal designation recognized with the CICA
- Completed or be working towards the In-Depth Tax Course (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Ideally you’ll also have
- A proactive approach a high level of commitment and a be a motivated driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax and the future of tax and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical prescription drug and dental coverage a defined contribution pension plan a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence) and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical financial and social well-being. Plus we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued policies and practices are equitable and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences abilities backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world helping to create long-term value for clients people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow transform and operate.
Working across assurance consulting law strategy tax and transactions EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.